How To Activate Buckwheat
– Measure desired amount of buckwheat, making sure your bowl or jar is less than half full (it will expand).
– Using a fine strainer rinse the buckwheat well.
– Fill with lukewarm water in a 2 part water to 1 part buckwheat ratio.
– Allow it to soak for 2-4 hours at room temperature.
– Drain and rinse well with lukewarm water. Rinse the buckwheat until the water runs clear.
– Transfer the rinsed buckwheat into a bowl or jar and place it in a warm spot to sprout (20 – 24 hours)
– At about the halfway(10 hours), rinse the buckwheat again in lukewarm water, drain and return to sprouting.
– Once it is sprouted to your liking, give it a final rinse.
– Spread buckwheat onto a mesh dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 115°F about 10 hours.
– Store sprouted dried buckwheat in an airtight container at room temperature for several months.
How To Make Buckwheat Flour
When the buckwheat is dry, it’s time to add the buckwheat to a high-powered blender. Process until a fine flour forms. This can take a minute or two.