An easy and elegant dessert that you can make in practically no time. It’s also so perfect for Christmas with its gorgeous red and green color!
This panna cotta recipe prepared with silken tofu and agar-agar. A fabulous dessert is given a vegan update with the same texture and deep flavors. While this dessert looks and sounds kind of complicated, it is much simpler than you think! The panna cotta fancy layering effect is achieved by angling the glass and pouring in the Matcha mixture and allowing to set with the glass angled. Pomegranate juice with agar-agar is then added on top of the set Matcha panna cotta, garnish with a couple of pomegranate seeds and that’s it. A festive and fun holiday dessert that can be made a day ahead and can sit refrigerated until ready to serve.
Silken tofu Panna Cotta is an easy to make vegan dessert that tastes amazing, but uses nutritious, protein packed silken tofu as a base.Matcha Pomegranate Panna Cotta - It is a really beautiful dessert. The layers of red, green and pomegranate seeds are just beautiful!Click To Tweet
As usual ➛ no-bake, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and 100% delicious. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe.
- For the Matcha Panna Cotta
- 1 package (300 grams) GMO free and organic silken tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon Matcha powder
- 3 tablespoon xylitol or any other powdered sweetener
- ¼ cup oat milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- For the Pomegranate Jelly
- ¾ cup fresh, strained pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- For the Matcha Panna Cotta - Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add mixture in a small sauce pan. While stirring continuously, bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens. When the mixture has become thicker remove from the heat and let cold down for about 10 minutes. Secure the serving glasses on an angle*. Pour equal amounts of matcha mixture into each of the glasses, enough to fill about half the glass. Refrigerate until completely set (about 2 hours).
- For the Pomegranate Jelly - To a saucepan add the pomegranate juice whisk together with agar agar powder, coconut nectar and vanilla. While stirring continuously, bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens. When the mixture has become thicker remove from the heat and let cold down for about 10 minutes. Remove glasses from the muffin pan. Pour over the set panna cotta. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
- If you are allergic to soy or cannot find silken tofu, feel free to use an equal amount of coconut cream.
- For best texture, I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
▻ Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒