Swedish Dammsugare is one of Sweden’s most loved pastries. It is a small, green cylinder rolled in marzipan with both ends dipped in chocolate and it is filled with a soft, sweet arrack flavored dough. This raw, vegan Swedish Dammsugare is a healthy twist on a classic. Delicious and soft date-coconut-hemp filling covered with a layer of marzipan.
Making these bars does require a food processor and you will have to work with the mixture a bit to get the shape, but it’s totally worth it! Serve Dammsugare at room temperature (you will get all the flavors and the right softness). However, you need to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!This raw, vegan Swedish Dammsugare is a healthy twist on a classic. Click To Tweet
As usual ➛ no-bake, raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and and 100% delicious. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe.
- For the Dough
- 10 medjool dates
- ½ cup hulled hemp seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, optional
- For the Marzipan
- 1 cup ground almond
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon Matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon Spirulina powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- For the Dough - To make the filling place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until you have a dough with the same texture as raw bliss balls. Roll the dough into logs with a length of about 9 inch (22cm) each. Let the logs cool in the fridge while preparing the marzipan covering.
- For the Marzipan - Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until you get a firm dough with "marzipan" texture. When the marzipan is done, divide the dough into two equal pieces. Move it to a parchment paper and fold another parchment paper on top, roll out the marzipan with a rolling pin to 5×9 inches (13x22cm). Place the logs on the marzipan and roll them so that the entire logs are covered with marzipan. Roll the logs carefully back and forth a few times to make it smooth. Cut each logs into three pieces. Dip each end of the logs in the chocolate and place them on the parchment paper. Dip one side at a time, refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes to set. Let the logs cool off until the chocolate is completely hardened. Enjoy!
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
▻ Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒