Goji berries are almost too pretty to eat, and anything made with them is beautiful. Here this delicious Goji berry, Mango and Passion fruit cake pairs the beautiful berries with tropical flavors for satisfying indulgence.
The sweet flavors of mango, the bright and tangy flavors of passion fruit complement the berries perfectly. If you haven’t had these berries give them a try.
What are Goji Berries
Goji Berries are native to Asia. You will find them in China and the Himalayan regions. These are also known as wolfberries and many other local names. They have a sweet but tart flavor, with slightly herbal, woody undertones.
These berries are a powerhouse of nutrition as well. Goji berries contain all the essential amino acids. They have more protein than any other fruit, more carotenoids than any other food and are also packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, iron, calcium, zinc, and selenium. Surprisingly, these berries also pack a protein punch, with just a 1oz serving providing 10% of your daily recommended protein.
These tiny berries have been found to contain anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties as well as antioxidants that help boost our immune systems. The traditional medicinal practitioners of the regions use these berries for its medicinal value and it is found as a superfood in many health supplements.
Goji berry cake with mango and passion fruit for an exotic twist.Click To Tweet
As usual ➛ no-bake,
raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and 100% delicious. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe.
- For the Base
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup brazil nut
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup lemon juice and zest
- ⅛ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- For the Mango layer
- 1+1/2 cup cashew, soaked
- 1 cup coconut milk,
- (the solid part of a chilled can)
- 1 ripe mango
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoon coconut nectar
- juice of 1 passion fruit
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin
- For the Goji layer
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ cup soaked goji berries
- For the Strawberry layer
- 6 frozen strawberries
- For the Base - Soak the goji berries and raisins in orange juice and zest for about 4 hours. Add the base ingredients to a food processor and process until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Press into the base of lined 6-inch cake tin and place in the refrigerator.
- For the Mango layer - Slice passion fruit in half and scoop the pulp into a fine mesh sieve over a small bowl and pour the passion fruit into the sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press out the juice. Place everything in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl half of the mixture.
- For the Goji layer - Add second layer ingredients over the remaining mixture into the blender and process until well combined and smooth. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- For the Strawberry layer - ⅓ cup from the second (goji berry layer) blended together with 6 frozen strawberries.
- To assemble - Take your base out of the refrigerator, pour the mango layer over the base. Followed with the goji layer and finish your cake with the strawberry layer. Cover with plastic wrap, then place it in the freezer for about 4-6 hours or overnight, to set. Decorate with passion fruit pulp and fresh strawberries.
- Store in the freezer for 2 weeks or in the refrigerator for 4- 5 days. Enjoy! Xo
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
▻ Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒