Ever heard of Green Pea and Ginger Bread? Probably not, but let me tell you, it’s one of the greatest things I have shoved in my face in a long time. It’s lightly sweet, moist yet soft with great crumb. Naturally colored sweet green pea and ginger bread is perfect for any kind of sandwich.
What’s fab about this raw, vegan Sweet Green Pea and Ginger Bread, is everything! Along with adding pretty color, the veggie puree also add extra vitamins and antioxidants to the bread. I wasn’t sure what bread I wanted to make – I was thinking about breads with spinach or beets maybe… But then I had some leftover peas that I thought could be used to make bread. I wasn’t sure how bright and green my green pea bread will end up after dehydrated. I was pleasantly surprised to see how pretty the bread looked as came out of the dehydrator. I used the bread to make sandwich with hummus, spinach and baby greens – one of the simplest and tastiest sandwich I’ve ever made.
A lightly sweet, moist and flavorful green pea bread with the aroma of ginger.Click To Tweet
The green pea color looks simply beautiful. It has a light and tempting flavor of green pea on it. And it’s also perfect for making biscotti (you can add in ½ cup of pistachios). Green peas and pistachios are a classic and truly outstanding combination. So, what do you think! Please feel free to comment in the section below.
As usual ➛ no-bake, raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and 100% delicious. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe.
- 1+ ½ cup thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup nut milk
- ⅛ teaspoon pink salt
- 3 teaspoon grated ginger
- 5- 6 tablespoon coconut nectar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- Add green peas, coconut nectar, nut milk, ginger, lemon juice and zest in the food processor and process approximately 60 seconds.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except psyllium husk) and process until well combined. Next add in the psyllium husk and pulse together until evenly combined.
- Remove dough and form into a loaf or your preferred shape. Dehydrate at 115°F for 3 hours. Slice the bread and place slices on dehydrator sheet.
- Continue to dehydrate about 3 hours. Halfway through the dehydrating time flip and remove dehydrator sheet and continue to dehydrate another 1 and a half hours. Enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Chocolate Orange Biscotti
Raw Seed Flatbread/Crackers
Beetroot Bread Roll
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
Nut-free bread with Pineapple Jam
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
▻ Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒