Make your own Cranberry – Banana Puppy Biscuits. Homemade dog treats are a healthy way to say “I love you” to your four-legged friends.
6 – ingredient homemade dog treats made with old-fashioned rolled oats, flax seeds, coconut flour, natural peanut butter, banana and apple. Perfect for your dogs and human-friendly, too! Yup, just a few real, simple, real healthy ingredients.
The benefits of making homemade dog treats is that:
⬩ you know exactly everything that’s going into them
⬩ dogs and human-friendly, vegan
⬩ they’re way cheaper
⬩ you can customize it to what your dog likes
- ⅔ cup grated red apple, peeled
- 1 super ripe banana (the riper the better), smashed
- 1 cup coconut flour plus more for dusting
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats (or you can sub oat flour, instead) more as necessary
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds finely ground
- ⅔ cup warm water
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter, homemade preferred
- (no added oils, sugars, preservatives, or flavorings, please)
- ½ cup blueberry, cranberry or raspberry, optional
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- The method is simple - you just smash everything together in a large mixing bowl until you have a workable pliable peanut butter-y dough. Depending on the size of your banana, you may need to add a little extra peanut butter (say 1-2 tablespoon) to add more moisture to the batter. You want to add more peanut butter if you’re dough if dry and crumbly– don’t worry, your dog will thank you later.
- Next you roll the dough out on a floured surface or a large sheet of parchment paper. I didn’t measure, but I’d say ¼″ thick dough is about what to aiming for. Cut the dough into cookie cutter shapes or different sizes. (If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the cookie cutting altogether and instead roll the dough into 1″ balls and flatten with your hands to make a totally respectable circular treat.)
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until treats are light golden-brown underneath. It’s all too easy to over-bake these treats, so watch them closely around the 25 minutes mark. They may seem fragile to the touch, but they firm up when outside the oven for a few minutes.
- Make sure to allow them to cool completely before serving to yourself or your furry friend! Enjoy!
That’s it! No added sugars, no rising agents, no oils, no gluten, no surprises. My dogs love banana and peanut butter. They could smell them and I could tell that they were hoping the cookies were for them:)
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒