So today I have an easy, fuss-free, extremely delicious, raw, vegan and gluten-free recipe for a Matcha Kiwi Cake. The crust is probably my favorite, but then the filling too is so creamy and amazingly fresh, top it off with fresh kiwi and you know it’s hard to pick a winning layer. Either way, it’s just one amazing combination of flavors.
This kiwi cake has a classic coconut and oat base (along with dried pineapple and ginger) that I blended with fresh lime juice and infused with even more lime zest for extra zing. This cake is fresh and fruity, yet sweet, light and creamy. While the fresh lime juice and zest brings the punchy citrus that you want in anything lime flavored, the extra glorious color comes from by the addition of spirulina and matcha powder.
Matcha and spirulina gives the cake a beautiful green color and added nutrients and an exciting twist flavor wise. The amount you’ll want to use will vary according to the matcha you have, since some are brighter than others. Just add it a little at a time until you’ve got a pretty spring-like green. It won’t take much and it doesn’t actually affect the flavor, so adjust it to your preference. In this raw cake I am using high quality matcha powder. Please do not neglect quality when you seek for your matcha. The product can actually be labelled organic while it’s been heated up (lost nutrients) or harvested or stored in poor conditions. It should be vibrant green and have a pleasant smell. This no-bake matcha and kiwi cake is the perfect dessert, since it’s raw, vegan, gluten, dairy & refined sugar free. You can make it ahead and then top with fruits just before serving.
As usual ➛ no-bake, raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and 100% delicious. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe. It’s:
⬩ refined-sugar free
⬩ vegan and gluten-free (make sure to use gluten-free oats)
⬩ fresh and fruity, yet sweet, light and creamy
⬩ easy, fuss-free, and extremely delicious
Just one single kiwifruit, can provide your daily dose of Vitamin C, along with a good dose of Vitamin K + E, Copper, Manganese, Folate and Fiber.
here is the recipe for the Matcha & Kiwi Cake
- For the Crust
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, dehydrated (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup powdered coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- For the Kiwi layer
- 1 +1/2 cup cashew, soaked
- 4 kiwi, peeled
- ¼ + ⅛ teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 3 tablespoon coconut nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- ¾ tablespoon sunflower lecithin
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon nut milk
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- For the Crust - dehydrate 1 cup fresh pineapple (yields approximately ¼ cup when dried). Add the base ingredients to a food processor and process until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Press into the base of lined 6-inch square cake tin and place in the freezer.
- For the Kiwi layer - Start, of course, by soaking your cashews (put them in a jar and pour water till top of jar so they soak in for at least 4 hours or overnight). Add all the ingredients (except lecithin) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Then add in the ¾ tablespoon lecithin and pulse to combine. Pour the cream over the base. Pop in freezer at least 4 hours to set (overnight is ideal).
- Decorate with fresh, chopped kiwis and lime slices. Store in the freezer for 2 weeks or in the refrigerator for 4- 5 days. Before eating, allow to sit for 10-15 minutes on room temperature. Enjoy!! Xo
Other Recipes for Fruity Cakes You Might Like
Fun & Festive St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Pandan and Matcha Mousse Cakes in a Jar
Lemon Balm-Mint Oreo Cake
Matcha Cacao Macaroons
Mint chocolate chip ice cream
Shamrock Fudge Bars
St. Patrick’s Day Cake
Chocolate Mint Slice
Key Lime Parfait
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒