These goji berry bliss balls are perfect snack or sweet treat! Made with cashews, coconut & goji berries to give them an extra bit of super-food pow! Delicious energy balls flavored with immune boosting goji berries. These goji berry bliss balls are not only vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free, but they’re also super simple to make.
The Chinese have used goji berries in traditional medicine for over 2000 years. Goji Berries are also known as Wolfberries and are widely used in Chinese medicine and cuisine. It is said that Goji Berries full of antioxidant properties, good for boosting the immune system, supporting healthy circulation, improve your brain function, preventing fatigue and reduce the risk of heart disease. Goji berries are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and dietary fiber. These bliss balls are a great way to enjoy goji berries, they are delicious!
As usual ➛ no-bake, raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and 100% delicious. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe. It’s:
⬩ refined-sugar free
⬩ vegan and gluten-free (make sure to use gluten-free oats)
⬩ high in fibre and protein
⬩ utterly delicious
- For the Goji Berry Balls
- ⅓ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup golden sultanas
- Juice of an orange
- For the Bliss Balls
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon xylitol
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- For the Goji Berry Balls - First, soak the dried goji berries and sultanas in orange juice for 6- 8hours. Place in a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and thick. Add the shredded coconut and pulse together. Pour into a bowl. Take a little piece of the goji berry – shredded coconut mixture and roll into a balls. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to set.
- For the Bliss Balls - Blend the cashew, shredded coconut, coconut flour, coconut nectar, xylitol and coconut oil in a food processor until combined. The mixture should be sticky when you press it between your fingers. If it’s not, add more coconut nectar.
- To assemble - Remove the goji berry balls from the freezer. Take a slightly larger piece of the bliss ball mixture, roll into a ball, and flatten. Wrap this around the goji ball (place in the center of the disk). Fold up the edges sealing the ball in the center, (like folding a dumpling) then roll between your hands to form a ball. Repeat the process for each energy bite. Roll it in your favorite topping and then try not to eat it all at once! Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!! Xo
Combine ¼ cup water with 1 tbsp beet powder, ½ tbsp Acai powder and ½ cup shredded coconut in a bowl and let sit it for 5 minutes. Spread the coconut out in as even a layer as you can on baking sheet and let to dry. Occasionally stir the coconut. Or spread the coconut evenly over dehydrator sheets, set your dehydrator at 115F and dehydrate until completely dried. You just throw the dry shredded coconut in a high-speed blender or coffee grinder (just make sure they’re fully cool first) give it several quick pulses, keep stopping it to allow the pieces to settle.
Sprinkled with dehydrated and powdered orange zest for that extra flavor boost.
Other Recipes for Bliss Balls You Might Like
Get creative with this recipe! You can stuff these with any filling you prefer. These energy balls store well in the refrigerator for a week in an air-tight container. If you’re packing these up to go, make sure to bring a little ice pack with you if you plan on having them out of the fridge for a few hours so they stay nice and firm.Delicious #raw #vegan energy balls flavored with immune boosting goji berries.Click To Tweet
THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE?
As always, I absolutely would love to see and hear your feedback.
Nothing makes me happier than to see recreations of my recipes made all around the world. Take a picture and share it on Instagram, be sure to tag me #deviliciouslyraw ⭒✰I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✰⭒