This pretty pink Beet Chai Latte Cake is nourishing and delicious. As you know, my obsession with beets is a long conversation one. What I love most about beets is that it is so incredibly easy to take this sweet, simple earthy root vegetable and elevate into something insanely delicious. Can be enjoyed in both sweet and savory recipes. But beets aren’t just another pretty face – loaded with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C.
I admit that the primary reason of this recipe is linked to its stunning pink color. The rich and earthy flavor of beetroot pairs wonderfully with the fragrant chai spices. The orange and a little rosewater are a fabulous addition to the flavor of this dessert. It sounds too good to be true, but this cake recipe is the real deal! Whether you’re already obsessed or you’re trying to love them, one thing is for certain ➵ beets are rocks!
This delicious cake is made with fresh coconut. Oh, the wonderful coconut. My personal favorite. Raw coconut meat naturally contains many viable living enzymes, which are helpful for digestion and metabolism. It is high in lauric acid, which is used by the body to make disease-fighting fatty acids. Organic raw coconut meat is also high in essential fat burning energy giving medium chain fatty acids as well as concentrated trace minerals: Manganese, Potassium, and Copper. Coconut meat is healthful for our immune system, nervous system, blood sugar-fat-protein metabolism, and healthy heart functions.
I hope you’ll love this pretty Beet Cake ♡ As usual ➵ raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and very yummy.This irresistible pink cake is loaded with all kind of good stuff. Deliciously sweet but awesomely healthy. Click To Tweet
***This post contains affiliate links. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used, loved and trust in the past.***
- For the Base
- 1 cup beetroot juice pulp*
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- ½ cup buckwheat, soaked and dehydrated
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the White Layer
- 1 cup cashew, soaked and dehydrated
- 2 cup raw young Thai coconut meat**
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon nut milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- For the Pink Layer
- 2 teaspoon beet powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- For the Base - add the base ingredients to a food processor and process until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Press into the base of lined 6-inch cake tin, making sure to reinforce the elbow and sides so it doesn't break. Place in the freezer about 30 minutes to chill. Once set carefully remove from the tin and transfer to dehydrator tray and dehydrate*** at 115F for about 6 hours or until firm to touch. Let cool completely. Place in the freezer.
- For the White Layer - Add all the (white) vanilla layer ingredients (except for the Pink Layer ingredients) to a high-speed blender and blend for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy. Transfer in a bowl half of the vanilla mixture.
- For the Pink Layer - Add pink layer ingredients over the remaining vanilla mixture into the blender and process until well combined and smooth. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- To assemble - Take your base out of the freezer spread the pink layer over the vanilla layer and so on (one heaped tablespoon of vanilla-one heaped tablespoon beet), until the filling is all used up. Finally, cover and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours (or overnight). Leave to thaw before serving. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Did you make this recipe? Show me your creations. I absolutely love seeing and it makes me so HAPPY to see photos of my recipes made all around the world. Take a pic and share it on Instagram. ⭒✩I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✩⭒ be sure to tag me in the pictures #deviliciouslyraw
Disclosure: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Deviliciously Raw a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used, loved and trust in the past.