These Sweet Potato Dog Chews only use one-ingredient to make a nutritious dog treat. Cheap, Healthy and Homemade. Win-win! Sweet potato is a safe, healthy, and natural treat for dogs, offering a range of health benefits (and a sweet flavor they’ll likely love). For example, sweet potatoes support a healthy digestive system thanks to their high dietary fiber content. They’re also low in fat and contain essential vitamins like B6, C, and A.
But when it comes to sweet potatoes for dogs, carbohydrates should never be used as a dog’s main diet, and sweet potatoes should be consumed as a treat (in moderation) only.
I love making homemade dog treats. Not only is it way more cost effective, but you can control the ingredients in them and ensure your dog has a healthy treat.
Your dog will love these sweet potato chews♡
- 2 large organic sweet potato
- Take 2 organic sweet potatoes
- Wash and peel, being careful to remove any sprouts or green spots
- Slice them up (into coins or lengthwise for larger chews)
- Arrange the slices on the dehydrating trays
- Dry the potatoes for about 14 hours