You could probably guess from the blog, that I’m a huge beetroot fan. I don’t think I mentioned this before, but I wasn’t much of a fan of beetroot growing up! I know right, how strange? To be honest, it’s taken me some time to become a fan, but now I absolutely obsessed with the stuff! Beetroot have become my favorite ingredients – LOVE IT – LOVE IT ♡ And their color?! It’s perfect!
These Bounty-style bars are awesomely raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, chocolatey, coconutty bites of yumminess. These Bounty bars would make a perfect treat for Valentine’s day with their gorgeous vibrant pink filling and have that amazing combination of light sweetness with the rich dark chocolate coating. Light, delicate, pink and yummy! Beetroot rocks!These Bounty-style bars are awesomely raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, chocolatey, coconutty bites of yumminess. Click To Tweet
I hope you’ll love these Pink Bounty Bars ♡ As usual ➵ raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and very yummy.
- For the bars
- 2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup creamed coconut, at room temperature
- ½ cup coconut milk, homemade preferred
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar
- ½ tablespoon beetroot powder
- ½ tablespoon acai powder, optional
- For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips, vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- (for a raw version see substitution below)**
- For the bars - Place all the ingredients (except shredded coconut and beetroot powder) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add shredded coconut, beetroot powder and pulse to combine.
- * Remove from food processor and shape it into a flat rectangle about 3 inches by 7 inches and 1 inch thick. You can aid yourself with parchment paper to accomplish this. Place in the fridge for one hour. Once set enough, take the coconut filling out of fridge and then cut into bars.
- For the chocolate coating - To make your chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate chips, add a tbsp coconut oil and stir together until coconut oil is melted.
- To assemble - dip bars into chocolate coating (dip each twice for a nice thick coating), place them on a tray covered with parchment paper and pop them back into the fridge to set the chocolate completely. Enjoy!
** For a Raw version omit the chocolate chips/coconut oil. Mix together:
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
⅓ cup cacao butter, melted
⅓ cup cacao powder
2 tablespoon coconut nectar, coconut palm sugar, or
your preferred sweetener to taste
seeds of 1 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon extract
Cut cacao butter into small pieces. Heat a pot of water until it reaches 55 degrees Celsius. Put cacao butter and coconut oil in a smaller metal bowl and place that bowl pour into your pot of hot water. Melt until it has turned to a complete liquid, once melted add cacao powder and slowly whisk together until smooth. Add coconut nectar, vanilla and keep stirring the mixture until starts to thicken.
Are you a coconut lover? Well, this is definitely a recipe for the fans of coconut and those who adore the coconut & chocolate combo like myself! Take bounty bars to a new level by adding a dash of super food! I really encourage you to also try them with matcha, spirulina (blue/green), turmeric or any other fruit powder you might find at home.
Keeps well in the refrigerator or freezer, but if you want it to last longer definitely opt for the freezer and allow to thaw before serving. Enjoy♡
Other snack bars you need in your life:
Yum Yum Bars
Cherry Dream Bars
Shamrock Fudge Bars
Pistachio Lime Crunch Bars
Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars
Did you make this recipe? Show me your creations. I absolutely love seeing and it makes me so HAPPY to see photos of my recipes made all around the world. Take a pic and share it on Instagram. ⭒✩I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✩⭒ be sure to tag me in the pictures #deviliciouslyraw