Are you a Snickers lover? These Homemade Snickers Bars are healthy yet still taste like the real deal. Made with all-natural, plant-based ingredients you can feel good about and will satisfy any sweet tooth!
If you prefer a king size over a bite size … this is the recipe for you! These Homemade Peanut Butter Snickers Bars will blow your mind! You’ve got a coconut base topped with peanut butter date caramel, crunchy peanuts on top, and best of all the rich dark chocolate coating that holds them all together.
Let's just say that if you love delicious things, you'll love this recipe ... YAY for healthy desserts!Click To Tweet
As usual ➵ raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and very yummy. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe.
- For the bars
- 1 + ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup creamed coconut
- ¼ cup butterfly pea tea (for rich blue color), at room temperature*
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar
- For the date caramel
- 12 soft dates
- ½ cup peanut butter, homemade preferred
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- seeds of a half vanilla bean
- ⅓ cup of peanuts
- For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips, vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- (for a raw version see substitution below)**
- For the bars - Place all the ingredients (except shredded coconut and butterfly tea) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add shredded coconut, butterfly tea and pulse to combine. Once combined, press mixture down into a 8x4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
- For the date caramel - Add all caramel ingredients into the food processor and process until smooth. Pour on top of the coconut layer, top with peanuts, and return to the freezer to set.
- For the chocolate coating - To make your chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate chips, add a tbsp coconut oil and stir together until coconut oil is melted.
- To assemble - dip bars into chocolate coating (dip each twice for a nice thick coating), place them on a tray covered with parchment paper and pop them back into the freezer to set the chocolate completely. Enjoy!
Butterfly Pea Flower tea commonly known as Blue Tea is a calming caffeine-free herbal tea that has similar antioxidant properties as green tea.
** For a Raw version omit the chocolate chips/coconut oil. Mix together:
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
⅓ cup cacao butter, melted
⅓ cup cacao powder
2 tablespoon coconut nectar, coconut palm sugar, or
your preferred sweetener to taste
seeds of 1 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon extract
Cut cacao butter into small pieces. Heat a pot of water until it reaches 55 degrees Celsius. Put cacao butter and coconut oil in a smaller metal bowl and place that bowl pour into your pot of hot water. Melt until it has turned to a complete liquid, once melted add cacao powder and slowly whisk together until smooth. Add coconut nectar, vanilla and keep stirring the mixture until starts to thicken.
Keeps well in the refrigerator or freezer, but if you want it to last longer definitely opt for the freezer and allow to thaw before serving. Enjoy♡
Did you make this recipe? Show me your creations. I absolutely love seeing and it makes me so HAPPY to see photos of my recipes made all around the world. Take a pic and share it on Instagram. ⭒✩I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✩⭒ be sure to tag me in the pictures #deviliciouslyraw
Love homemade Snickers bars? You might also like my