I haven’t posted anything for a while since I have been busy packing and moving into our new home. We are now well settled but it was so stressful until we get here.
Unfortunately, the elevator was broken on the day when we were moving which is made way much harder to moving out from our third-floor apartment. Ah, the elevator hasn’t worked for days… I can’t even guess how many stairs we climbed up and down, how much weight we carried during move out (for almost 4 full days) and without Damien and Darragh help we wouldn’t barely made it. We were absolutely exhausted after all. I am feeling a lot better now. Even though it’s still chaos in our new house but the essentials are out. We have the internet back, which is always good, though NO PROPER KITCHEN just yet:) I was able to create something really nice even without the most essential gadgets. It’s time to start the renovation! I’m so excited but I can’t even really believe it’ll ever be done haha…
Alright….let’s talk about these beauties!!! Hmmm Yes, it does taste as spectacular as it looks! These mini mouse cakes are made from avocado, matcha and lime. The cookies made from oats, shredded coconut, almond meal, almond butter, nut milk, cacao powder and beetroot powder.
The combination of avocado, Matcha and lime makes it so fresh and delicious to eat, plus super easy to make. Well, this dessert does take a bit of time, but it is definitely worth it!
As usual ➵ raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and very yummy. I really hope you enjoy making this recipe.
These mousse cakes maybe look complicated to make, but not as complicated as you think! Just an extra step by using a dome-shaped silicone molds to create these sweet-looking mini cakes. These cakes need to freeze first until solid so that you can easily remove each piece.The combination of Avocado, Matcha and Lime makes it so fresh and delicious to eat. It’s a perfect dessert for warm summer days. Click To Tweet
- For the Mousse
- 3 ripe avocado
- juice and zest of one lime
- 2 - 3 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 - 1,5 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- For the Cookies
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 12 dates, soaked
- ¼ cup nut milk
- 2 tablespoon beetroot powder
- pinch Himalayan salt
- For the Glaze
- 4 - 5 tablespoon creamed coconut, melted
- 2 heaping tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 heaping tablespoon almond butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- For the Cookies - in food processor, blend all the ingredients until well combined. Remove from food processor and roll out between two piece of parchment paper. Use cookie cutters to cut out rounds, exactly the same size as the base of the molds.
- For the Mousse - simply blend all the ingredients until it becomes smooth. Spoon or pipe the Matcha mousse into the holes of your silicone dome mold, not quite all the way full.
- To assemble - Place the cookies on top of the holes, press it down slightly just to make sure it stays attached when you remove it. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight until completely firm. This freezing step is important - don’t skip it! After freezing the cakes will pop out of the molds cleanly and easily. The cakes need to be completely frozen solid for the coating.Carefully drop (upside down) the mousse topped cookies into the glaze, one at a time. Gently lift the cakes from the melted mixture, and gently shake to remove any excess glaze. Transfer freshly coated dome cakes onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Enjoy!
**If you use a different size, just choose an appropriately sized circle cutter so your cookies match the diameter of the molds exactly and you should be good to go.
***Keeps well in the refrigerator or freezer, but if you want it to last longer definitely opt for the freezer and allow to thaw before serving. Enjoy♡
Did you make this recipe? Show me your creations. I absolutely love seeing and it makes me so HAPPY to see photos of my recipes made all around the world. Take a pic and share it on Instagram. ⭒✩I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✩⭒ be sure to tag me in the pictures #deviliciouslyraw