This chewy, sweet roll fixes all my cravings of mine while remaining super healthy! The best part is that although these looks really indulgent, they are good for you. Like all of my desserts, this one is Raw, Vegan, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, and tastes like the real deal!! Made with all-natural ingredients and also packed with full of antioxidants (dates and goji berries full of them).
This is a great dessert if you want something light and refreshing that not only tastes good but is good for you! That slightly sweet, soft beetroot crust make the jammy goji center stands out. The slight citrus tang you’ll get in each and every bite… Yep, they are pretty much perfect. For those of you who follow my blog probably know I’m pretty much a beetroot addict. Absolutely love them.!! I think what I love most about beets is that it is so incredibly easy to take this simple root vegetable and elevate into something insanely delicious. I love beets for their earthy sweetness, vibrant color, and versatility.
This recipe is an adaptation of my Yum Yum Bars with some modifications. I hope you love it!
⭒✧✧ I’ll let the photos speak for themselves now ✧✧⭒
⭒✧✧ Let’s get onto this recipe ✧✧⭒
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup golden flax meal
- ⅓ cup dates, soaked
- 2 medium sized beetroot, peeled
- ½ tablespoon beetroot powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Goji Jam
- ½ cup goji berries, soaked
- juice of 1 blood orange
- few drops of orange blossom essence (optional)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- To make the goji jam, blend the goji, blood orange juice and a few drops of orange blossom essence until smooth and creamy. Add 1 tablespoon psyllium husk and pulse together. Transfer to a bowl then, chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the crust. Place all ingredients (except psyllium husk) into a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until you have a dough with the same texture as raw bliss balls. Add psyllium husk and pulse to combine.
- Turn out onto parchment paper and shape into a low, flat rectangle. Wrap tightly and refrigerate 1 hour to harden up a bit.
- To make the rolls, transfer the crust to a piece of parchment paper and roll into a rectangle that’s about ¼ inch thick. Then, spoon the goji jam down the middle lengthwise, leaving room on both sides. Picking up the parchment paper on one side, carefully roll the crust to meet the other side and press the edges together. Trim off the excess crust (both ends), then brush the corner join lightly with water, press it to seal. Smooth the crust over with your hands so their warmth will give it a smooth finish.
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 mins to harden a little and then cut the rolls into a half inch pieces.
- Dehydrate at 115°F about 4 hours. Halfway through the dehydrating time flip and remove dehydrator sheet.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for a few months. Enjoy!
Apple | Carrot | Beetroot | Blood Orange
So, here we have a healthy, delicious, and oh-so-easy-to-make snack.
I’m curious what you think of this recipe! I love seeing when you all make my recipes so please share with me! Be sure to tag me on the pictures #deviliciouslyraw @deviliciously_raw on Instagram or any other social network. Like this post? Then share it with rest of the world!
⭒✩I can’t wait to see your amazing creations✩⭒