Chill out with a batch of easy homemade popsicles. It’s hot and sunny outside and you just can’t stop thinking of refreshing treats in such a weather to help you cool down and feel like you are still on the beach. The thing I love about making homemade popsicles is that you can make them much healthier than the store-bought alternatives. Plus, you can customize the flavors to your likings. No molds? No problem! Paper cups will do.
Today I have a super simple, healthy, all natural with no added sugar smoothie and juice popsicle recipe to share with you. The recipe for Juice Popsicles uses fresh carrots, oranges, ginger and turmeric. The combination of sweet watermelon and fresh mint is so, so SUMMER. You can imagine what happens when this amazing combo is frozen. No doubt you can beat the heat with it!
These quick and easy recipes are perfect for the gorgeous summer weather we’re enjoying at the moment. Whatever your favorite smoothie blend is, you can make it into a super unique popsicle. Simply pour the delicious blend of ingredients into popsicle mold and pop in the freezer. Easy peasy! Keep cool and have a Popsicle;)
- Carrot/Orange/Ginger/Turmeric Juice
- 3- 4 medium sized orange
- 4 medium sized carrot
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 inch piece of turmeric
- Watermelon/Lime/Mint Smoothie
- One-quarter of a small watermelon
- juice of one lime
- handful fresh mint
- Blend/Juice all the ingredients and pour into popsicle mold, leaving a little bit of room at the top of each place the lid on. You’ll likely find it difficult to insert the sticks right away, so wait a few hours and then insert them.
- Freeze for 1- 2 hours, push sticks into the mixture then return to the freezer and freeze for 4- 6 hours or overnight until frozen solid. To remove popsicles from the mold, fill the sink with warm water and dunk the frozen part in it about a few seconds so they release easily. Enjoy!