Delicious raw biscuit sized cakes that are layered with a tangy orange jelly, covered in a thick layer of rich dark chocolate for a truly decadent treat. Oh, my goodness! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to come out with these.
Well, today’s the day when I bring you my raw, vegan, wholesome delicious Jaffa Cake recipe. These are incredibly easy to make with minimal real food ingredients. You just can’t go wrong, and these tastes like the real thing! This creation is so delicious that you wouldn’t know it was actually healthy.
- ½ cup golden flax seeds
- 1+ ½ cup almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of a half orange
- 10 dried apricot
- 2 medium sized orange, peeled
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- ½ cup chocolate chips, vegan
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- For the cookies - in food processor, blend the almonds and golden flax seeds until the mixture will release enough oils and sticks together when pressed. Add the remaining ingredients (coconut nectar, lemon zest and orange juice) and pulse to combine.
- Remove from food processor and roll out between two piece of parchment paper. Use cookie cutters to create the desired shapes. Place cookies on a sheet of baking paper, let sit them in the freezer (about an hour).
- For the jelly filling - simply blend the dried apricots with oranges until it becomes smooth. Add a tablespoon psyllium husk and pulse together. Let sit on the counter top for about 20 minutes.
- To assemble, remove cookies from the freezer and spread the filling over half of the cookies about ¼ inch thick. Then place another cookie (chocolate-covered) on top and gently press down. Sprinkle with the mixture of turmeric and shredded coconut, orange zest and place them on baking paper.
- Store it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before eating. Enjoy!
We loved them and hopefully you will too. If you make this recipe, be sure to take a picture and remember to tag me any of your Deviliciously Raw creations @deviliciously_raw #deviliciouslyraw on Instagram. I love seeing your photos!
I’m super-duper over the moon excited because we’re (me and my husband) on an epic journey! We started our trip off visiting Bali first, following a few weeks in Kuala Lumpur, Borneo, and then heading back to Bali. I feel so blessed to have opportunities to travel to such beautiful places! In case but with a bit of broken heart I had to say good bye to my old kitchen and my beloved Vitamix for a while. From now on my posts will be somehow completely different which I hope you’ll find interesting, exciting, informative, helpful and something special to you. Oh, and of course raw, vegan and insanely colourful.
Ok, so what you can expect? Easy, fuss-free vacation recipes. I’ll review local raw, vegan restaurants and shops also markets with lovely pictures and detailed information. Tips and advices where to go and my suggestion what to try. List of basic kitchen tools and items you need to create quick, easy and delicious meals in your hotel room.
Let’s join us, if you know or you have any special place which you would wish to read and see real time pictures of it then no hesitate just drop me a message (here, or on Facebook anytime) and I promise I’ll do my best! My reviews will be completely independent and honest thoughts (not polished sponsored posts).
Krisztina & Gabor, xx