Crunchy almonds, pistachios, soft dates and fresh lime juice, it all comes together to make this perfect chewy and absolutely, wonderfully delicious bar. They are a dream come true!
These bars are the perfect dessert when you’re craving something unique and full of flavour. “White chocolate” and pistachios are two of my favorite things – I love the combo! These pistachio bars are so soft and crunchy thanks to luscious dates, a hearty dose of coconut butter, and a slightly sweet, and slightly syrupy texture of date soak water that is added to the bars.
Here’s all you need to make these bars
- Crunch Bars
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- ⅓ cup water from soaked dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- Juice of a half lime
- 3- 4 tablespoon coconut butter, melted
- ¼ cup cacao butter, melted
- Soak the almonds and pistachios overnight or at least 4 hours. After they are done soaking, drain and rinse them well.
- Place wet ingredients (dates, water from soaked dates, lime juice and coconut butter) into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add almonds, pistachios and pulse to combine.
- Remove dough from processor and roll it into a slightly flat, long log then cut up into bars.
- Place in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 115°F about 3 hours. Remove from the dehydrator, place them on the wire rack and let it cool completely. With a spoon or a spatula, spoon some chocolate (the mixture of coconut butter and cacao butter) over each bar and spread the chocolate all the way to the edge and the sides.
- Sprinkle some lemon, lime zest and some finely chopped pistachio. Repeat until all bars are coated. Store in an air tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag it #deviliciouslyraw on Instagram.
I love seeing your photos!