This decadent cake has an earthy addition of beetroot and topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate mousse layer for the ultimate chocolate dessert. So good! No-Bake, Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, low in fat and absolutely delicious!
The secret ingredient is silken tofu. Don’t let the word TOFU stop you! Tofu taste was not only lost in deep chocolate flavor, but the texture was beautifully silky, light, airy and fluffy. So smooth. So creamy! You won’t even be able to tell it’s tofu! I am absolutely in love with this cake. It’s a very moist, exceptionally rich, deeply flavored, velvety, intensely chocolaty cake that is not overly sweet and tastes just great.
This recipe is all about delicious flavors and lots of chocolate!
- Beetroot base
- 1 heaping cup beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch slice creamed coconut, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Seeds from an inch of a vanilla bean
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoon golden flax flour
- ½ teaspoon psyllium husk
- Silken tofu chocolate mousse
- 1 package (300 grams) GMO free and organic silken tofu, drained
- 1 cup chocolate chips, vegan
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Seeds of one vanilla bean
- Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until ingredients well combined. Spoon mixture into a lined loaf pan (I used a 23 x 11cm loaf tin) then press down with the back of a spoon. Place in the refrigerator.
- Melt your chocolate chips, add a half teaspoon coconut oil and vanilla. Stir together until coconut oil is melted. Once melted, place everything (starting with the tofu) in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream over the base, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the tin, slice straight away (separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together) and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4- 5 days. When you ready to serve, dust with cacao powder and sprinkle some chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag it #deviliciouslyraw on Instagram. I love seeing your photos!
Today it’s basically 3 years since I started my blog. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. When I look back at the blog when I started to where is now, so much has changed and there have been so many wonderful experiences. It’s been quite a journey and I’m excited for the next years!
Thank you for being apart of this journey with me.
Love & Peace, Krisztina