Today I’m sharing a recipe for my favorite chocolate bonbons filled with a sweet mixture of cashews, zucchini, coconut nectar, lime and orange juice. Wonderful combination of the delightfully light citrusy filling and a smooth dark chocolate shell.
With just a few ingredients and very little work, you’ll be surprised just how easy they are to make. You’re welcome chocolate loving people!
- Lime layer
- 1 medium sized zucchini, peeled
- 1 cup cashew, soaked overnight and dried
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut butter
- Orange layer
- 1 medium sized orange, peeled
- 1 + ½ tsp psyllium husk
- Chocolate coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips, vegan
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- For the lime layer just add all the ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined. Fill your silicone chocolate mold and place in the freezer.
- For the orange layer simply blend the orange until it becomes smooth. Add psyllium husk and pulse together. Let sit on the counter top for about 20 minutes. Pour over the lime layer and place in the freezer for a few hours (about 3- 4 hours) to set.
- Once they set enough dip in melted chocolate - dip each twice for a nice thick coating. Place them on a tray covered with parchment paper and pop them back into the fridge to set the chocolate completely. Store in the fridge.
- To make your chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate chips, add a tsp coconut oil and stir together until coconut oil is melted.
Yep, it really can be this easy. Enjoy your homemade chocolate bonbons.