These peanut butter & pomegranate cups are melt in your mouth delicious, creamy, crunchy, sweet, homemade candy perfection! Sounds awesome already? Oh, and they’re super addicting – you might be tempted to whip them up often.
You won’t believe how incredibly easy it is to make your own delicious Peanut Butter cups at home, so you can control all the ingredients and nutrition on this one while still indulging in something wonderfully tasty and amazingly delicious. Just 6 simple ingredients: peanut butter, dates, salt, I used vegan chocolate chips to make mine (you can substitute your own raw chocolate… whatever you like will be delicious!), coconut oil and pomegranate seeds. You can also play around with your favorite nut butter.
And the best part is that only take 15 minutes to make. Just fill the cupcake liners with melted chocolate, follow it with peanut butter, pomegranate seeds and top with the rest of the melted chocolate. These are so easy and the result was even better than expected!
Alright, here’s how to make these babies
- 1+ ⅓ cup chocolate chips, vegan
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter, homemade preferred
- ¾ cup soft dates
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch salt
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Melt the chocolate chips, add a heaping tbsp coconut oil and stir together until coconut oil is melted. Add a heaping teaspoon into the bottom of each cupcake liner (if you have muffin pans, you can use paper liners or use silicon forms) and spread along the bottom. Chill in refrigerator till you prepare the peanut butter layer*. Follow it by a heaping tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture, topped with pomegranate seeds. Lastly add a heaping teaspoon of the melted chocolate and spread evenly over the pomegranate layer. Refrigerate for about an hour until set and firm. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- *Peanut butter layer – Add all the ingredients (peanut butter, coconut oil, dates, salt) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
And that’s it! You just made peanut butter cups. Super easy, right?! The best part is you can store them in the fridge for up to a week. Not that I think they’ll last that long… You won’t be able to stop at just one.! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #deviliciouslyraw on Instagram!