Loaded with good for you ingredients like macadamia nuts, goji berries, strawberries, orange, chia seeds, flax seeds and dates. These goji bars are a total energy lifesaver, loaded with antioxidants and are well, just delicious.
The chia seed is nutrient dense and packs a punch of energy boosting power. Chia seeds are high in omega3 fats, high concentrate of antioxidants, which reduces the negative effects of free radicals. Rich in fibre – which aids in regulating the digestive track, manganese, phosphorous, protein, calcium, copper, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Chia also contains essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid, mucin, strontium, vitamin A, B, E, and D, and minerals including sulphur, iron, iodine, magnesium, manganese, niacin, thiamine, and they are a rich source of anti-oxidants.
Seeds like flax and chia can be a natural blood sugar balancer due to its high fiber content and healthy fats.
Flax seeds (also known as Linseeds) are a great source of gluten/wheat free fiber (both soluble and insoluble). Fiber is important in the prevention of bowel cancer, constipation and slowing the absorption of sugar into our blood stream. Flax seeds are also good sources of thiamin, they are also a good source of magnesium, manganese, and copper. Most of the fatty acids in chia seeds are omega3 fats. Highest source of phytoestrogen of all seeds, flax seeds help reduce menopausal symptoms as well as helps with constipation or people suffering from gastritis and enteritis. Ground then eaten to absorb all its benefits, flax seeds are low in saturated fats and help reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. Good source of omega3, flax seeds help lower anxiety levels and preserve good memory functions, good source of antioxidants, flax helps build the immune system and ward of free radicals.
Goji berry, this nutrient-rich berry has an impressive nutritional profile. Rich in vitamins (contains vitamin A, B2, C), minerals, protein and full of antioxidants. Goji berries also have amazing anti-aging properties that have been used in Chinese medicine for centuries to treat pain and stimulate the immune system. Contains 18 different amino acids, 21 minerals and trace elements such as zinc, iron, selenium, copper and phosphorus, more protein than whole wheat and more beta-carotene than carrots. Goji berries helps with bone and teeth growth, strengthens the immune system, helps reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels in the blood. Improves calcium assimilation and stabilizes the liver. Excellent source of antioxidants. Goji berries also have anti-inflammatory properties.
Macadamia nuts have sweet buttery taste and crisp, light texture. These nuts are loaded with healthy nutrients and rich source of energy. Macadamia nuts are a good source of protein. Macadamias contain important antioxidants, also rich in B-complex vitamins, contain small amounts of vitamin-A, and vitamin E. Macadamias are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
- ¾ cup goji berries, soaked
- 1 cup fresh strawberries*
- 7 soft dates
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked
- ¼ cup goji berries, soaked
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup golden flax seeds
- 5 dates
- 2 strawberries
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1- 2 tbsp filtered water
- Combine all the ingredients (except ¼ cup goji, ¼ cup chia and ½ cup flax seeds) in the food processor and process until well combined. Now add the remainder of your ingredients and pulse a few times. Remove dough from processor and roll it into a slightly flat, long log.
- Add all the ingredients (5 dates, 2 strawberries, ¼ cup goji and water) to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the cream over the bottom layer (for extra sweetness).
- Dehydrate at 140°F for 1 hour. Cut into bar shapes. Decrease heat to 115°F and continue to dehydrate for about 4 hours. Flip and remove dehydrator sheet. Continue to dehydrate approximately for 4 hours or until desired dryness archived. Drizzle, sprinkle all the things! Enjoy!
If you’re after something a little different, I’ve made another version of goji bars
- 1 cup ground almond
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- juice of ½ lime
- seeds of ½ vanilla bean
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- pinch salt
- ½ cup whole almond
- ⅓ cup goji berry
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine all the ingredients (except whole almond) in the food processor and process until well combined (stick together). Add whole almond and pulse a few times. You could keep it more or less crunchy - it's really up to you.
- Remove mixture from food processor and pour into a large bowl. Next add in the goji berries and sesame seeds mix together with your hands. Let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Form into a loaf, roll flat with a rolling pin, then use cookie cutters or knife to make the shape. Place cookies in an airtight container on a sheet of baking paper. For the best result, let sit them in the fridge overnight to firm. Store in the fridge.