Just when you thought life couldn’t get any better… just when you think healthy snack bars couldn’t get any better, they do! I don’t think these need much of an introduction but I think the image below explains all you need to know.
I’m really excited to share this recipe because it’s actually one of my favorites. These Cookie Dough Bars are not only healthier for you than most Cookie Dough Bars out there, but also they’re just so ridiculously good you won’t believe they’re made with all natural, real whole foods.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Bar Recipe Highlights:
These delicious bars are loaded with oats, hemp seeds, coconut, dates, cinnamon and cacao nibs, coated in a tahini – coconut shell for an ultra-decadent treat that no one can resist. Sweet enough (but not overly) to satisfy your sweet cravings and healthy enough to be a perfect snack that will give you lasting energy. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, right? It’s not a secret that I love a good snack bar and these are out of this world. You too need these bars in your life! If you don’t believe me, just ask my husband;)
- Cookie Dough Bars
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats, made into flour
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup soft dates
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut milk, homemade preferred
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs for extra crunch
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1+ ½ tbsp tahini or peanut butter, on room temperature
- Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until you have a dough with the same texture as raw bliss balls. Add cacao nibs and pulse to combine. Remove dough from processor and roll it into a slightly flat, long log.
- Freeze until firm and then cut up into bars.
- In a bowl gently melt coconut oil and add the tahini/peanut butter and whisk together well.
- Remove bars from freezer and dip each twice to create a nice thick coating. Drizzle with hemp seeds and cacao nibs. Place in the fridge to firm. Enjoy!
So the next time your sweet cravings strike, head to the kitchen and whip up a batch of these irresistible Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars. Your taste buds and stomach will thank you!
I’m curious what you think of this recipe! I love seeing your photos and reading all of your comments. So if you make these bars, please share with me on Instagram @deviliciously_raw or tag with #deviliciouslyraw
I hope everyone has a lovely Thursday and don’t forget to treat yourself to something sweet