OMG! Ice cream sandwich. The taste is so divine that I could eat hundreds of them in a single day. Maybe not! I’ve been planning to share a banana ice cream (also known as ‘nana ice cream’ or ‘nicecream’) recipe for sometime now. A few days ago, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and saw a beautiful photo of an ice cream sandwich, Bingo! A perfect summer treat yummmm! Time to get down to do business.
These health banana ice cream sandwiches are easy to make, it’s full of things that are actually good for you, naturally sweet, completely guilt free and delicious! All you need is homemade peanut butter cups and frozen ripe bananas!
Fluffy banana ice cream, stuffed with peanut butter cups, sandwiched between two raw chocolate chip cookies and dipped in chocolate. The result? Turned out pretty damn awesome! It’s no secret that bananas, chocolate and peanut butter were meant to be together! They rock!!
Isn’t a good idea to make some super cool, fully raw, vegan, dairy-free ice cream sandwich to beat the heat?!
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp psyllium husk, optional
- ½ tbsp coconut butter/tahini or peanut butter, optional
- dash of cinnamon, nutmeg
- Ice cream
- 2 frozen, ripe bananas
- 1- 2 tbsp nut milk
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- To prepare cookies, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture starts to come together. Add cacao nibs and pulse together. Remove from food processor and roll out between two piece of parchment paper, use cookie cutter to cut circle shapes. Transfer cookies to a tray and place in the freezer to set.
- To prepare filling, place banana chunks and splash of milk into blender/food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to scrap down the sides a few times or add another splash of milk to help the mixture move. When the ice cream is done, fold in the chopped and frozen peanut butter cups and cacao nibs.
- To assemble sandwiches, remove cookies from freezer. Place a large scoop of ice cream on the center of half of the cookies. Then place another cookie on top and gently press down.
- Store it in the freezer for a couple of hours before eating. Enjoy!
- Then dip them in melted chocolate, so that you can have a little more chocolate in your life!