Bounty Bars anyone?? Sometimes you just want a little chocolate therapy without all the added nasties! We all know that a cheap, store-bought chocolate bar has a reason to be cheap and its not really the kind of food you’d like to be filling yourself up with.
Raise your hand if you like coconut, okay now raise your hand if you like chocolate, raise your hand if you like vanilla… alright now imagine all of those ingredients combined into a rich, decadent chocolate outer shell and creamy coconut filling. These bounty bars are awesomely raw, gluten-free, dairy-free and taste way much better than the commercial version.
There are few things in life I love more than the dreamy combination of coconut and chocolate. As a child bounty bars were among my favorite treats. However, my love of coconut led me to try and recreate the famous bounty bar, but in a more wholesome way. I’m a big fan of creating healthy alternatives and this bounty bar recipe tastes great and makes an amazing sweet treat with all of the goodness of real coconut and raw chocolate… one word, heaven. Honestly, does that sound as amazing to you as it does to me? Turns out homemade bounty bars are probably the easiest candy to make, but also makes this recipe completely vegan, definitely healthier and much more delicious than the original. There is no excuse not to make these right away!
- Coconut filling
- 2 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp creamed coconut, at room temperature
- ½ cup coconut milk, homemade preferred
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- Chocolate coating
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup cacao butter, melted
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar, coconut palm sugar, or
- your preferred sweetener to taste
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon extract
- Place all the ingredients (except shredded coconut) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add shredded coconut and pulse to combine.
- Remove from food processor and shape it into a flat rectangle about 3 inches by 7 inches and 1 inch thick. You can aid yourself with parchment paper to accomplish this. Place in the freezer for one hour.
- Once set enough, take the coconut filling out of freezer and then cut into 7 bars.
- While the coconut filling is freezing, get to work on the raw chocolate coating. Cut cacao butter into small pieces. Heat a pot of water until it reaches 55 degrees Celsius. Put cacao butter and coconut oil in a smaller metal bowl and place that bowl pour into your pot of hot water. Melt until it has turned to a complete liquid, once melted add cacao powder and slowly whisk together until smooth. Add coconut nectar, vanilla and keep stirring the mixture until starts to thicken.
- Next, dip bars into chocolate coating (dip each twice for a nice thick coating), place them on a tray covered with parchment paper and pop them back into the fridge to set the chocolate completely.
Doesn’t it look delicious??! Why don’t you give these bad boys a try and let me know what you think 🙂 For more fantastic raw chocolate recipes, check out my chocolate page here
This post contain affiliate link, which means that if you click on the product link (Amazon recommendation) and actually decide to buy it, I’ll receive a small percentage of the sales price. That means that at No extra cost to you, of course. Thank you for supporting Deviliciously Raw!