My love affair with raw treats continues this week and I am sure this slice will impress you.
If you are someone who cares about health as well as great taste of food and simple recipes, you are in the right place. And you have to try this! Trust me. It is so worth it! These un-bake Chocolate Mint Slices taste delicious! Not only delicious and it is super nutritious, but they are super easy to whip up and they look so pretty too. These amazing treats are also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Packed full of healthy ingredients, including avocado, dates, oats, cashew, coconut oil, cacao powder and mint. Dreamy chewy layers of minty, cashew and coconut filling, topped with velvety smooth chocolate layer, dusted with some raw cacao powder, topped with cacao nibs and extra mint leaves. This super easy and delicious treat will have your taste buds dancing!
It was hard to stop after a slice so I ended up having 3 in one sitting (I don’t recommend this, but be warned…it’s addictive!) so be careful not to eat too much at one go.
Oh don’t forget to let me know how it turns out for you.
- 1 cup oat made into flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup prunes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Mint layer
- 1 cup cashew, soaked and dehydrated
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk, from can refrigerated overnight and the solid cream from the top
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- few drops mint extract
- ½ tsp spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- Chocolate layer
- 1+ ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 7 dates
- ¼ cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil, melted
- To make the base, add the base ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Spoon mixture into a lined loaf pan (25 x 13 x 8cm) then press down with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer.
- Mint Layer - Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the cream over the base and let sit in the freezer (about an hour).
- Chocolate Layer - Put everything in the high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour the cream over the mint cream layer and place in the freezer for a few hours (about 2- 3 hours) to set. Remove from the tin, slice straight away (separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together) and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3- 4 days. When you ready to serve, dust with cacao powder and sprinkle some cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Please comment your thoughts or feedback below and don’t forget to join the email list to get other free awesome recipes and tips
with Love and Gratitude,
I would love to make this minus the avocado (allergy) any suggestions?
Oh no, that’s not good:( You can use the mint filling base (cashew or cashew butter maybe instead, chilled coconut milk cream, coconut oil mixture with cacao powder and dates) to get the relative same texture like mine with the avocados. Hope this helps, Xx
What type of oats are you using as all the ones I check have gluten?
Hi Mia, Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats.
I have a question about the mint layer.. This might be silly, but what do you mean by, “cashews soaked and dehydrated.” Are they soaked then you just blend the cashews without the liquid?
Soak the cashews about 4 hours. After they’re done soaking drain in a colander and rinse well. Spread out in single layer on dehydrator tray and dry them on 115ºF until completely dry. (Soaking and dehydrating the cashews is optional. You can always soak your nuts and use them that way. Being able to dehydrate them returns them to the crispy state that is called for in most recipes.)