Today I got massive sweet cravings and this was the answer;)
I love making bliss balls and I am always experimenting with new ingredients and flavor combinations, the amazing thing is that you can pretty much add whatever you have available.
Like the others, these quick and easy bliss (energy) balls are packed with great flavor and nutrition.
These pretty little things are the perfect mid-afternoon treat, post workout or on the go snack. They are super easy to make. You just need the quick pulse of a food processor and a final result will be delish! Feel free to play around the recipe and include what works for you. Rolling them in the Acai powder, cacao or coconut is an optional extra, as they are still quite delicious without added coating.
Purple Sweet Potato Balls
- 3 cup chopped, peeled and cooked sweet potato*
- 1+ ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 inch slice (2 heaped tbsp) creamed coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp psyllium husk
- ½ heaped tsp ginger powder
- Start by placing the sweet potato in a food processor and process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process together until well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more shredded coconut. Just a little bit at a time until desired consistency which allows you to form balls.
- Pour the mixture in a small bowl and place in a freezer for about 30 minutes (or until the mixture firm enough). Form into balls and roll them in coconut. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later. Can be coated with melted dark vegan chocolate or raw chocolate.
Peel and cut into small cubes. Add water to cover the sweet potatoes and boil until it completely cooked, drain and let them cool.
Avocado – Orange & Chocolate Balls
- 2 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- zest of an orange
- about 3 - 4 drops orange oil (more or less according to your taste preference)*
- 1 cup oat flour
- pinch salt
- ½ cup activated buckwheat**
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Place avocado, coconut sugar, cacao powder, orange oil, salt into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Grate the orange to make orange zest.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (oat flour, orange zest) and process until combined. If its too sticky add a little more oat flour to dry the mixture up a bit.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and stir the rolled oats and buckwheat until evenly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Once the mixture is cool and easier to work with it, use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape it into your desired size of balls. Roll with coating of your choice.
** To activate buckwheat simply soak for 30 minutes and dry until crunchy. You can also buy already activated buckwheat aka Buckinis from your health food store.
Spinach – Spirulina Balls
For these I used sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds for their high protein content and Spirulina to add a bit of an extra energy boost.
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 7 soft dates
- ½ tsp spirulina powder
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup hulled help seeds
- ½ tbsp psyllium husk
- Combine the spinach, banana, spirulina, tahini and dates in a food processor. While mixing, add in the seeds, coconut and psyllium husk and process until stick together.
- Shape into balls. Next roll the ball into coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Bliss balls are a great snack idea to give you a big boost of energy and they can be packed with so much delicious flavor.
Find more bliss ball recipes right here!
Do you have other bliss ball recipes you would like to share? I would love to hear from you in the comments below. Be sure to share this post with your friends and spread the word about the amazing creations that are bliss balls ♥
Hope you try out & enjoy these heavenly little balls!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using an affiliate links I will receive a small commission from the sale. No extra cost to you, of course! I only recommend products that I’ve used and loved and I hope you’ll love them too! Thank you for supporting Deviliciously Raw
You can read my disclaimer and affiliate disclosure here