They’re incredibly delicious and filled with all sorts of whole food, no added sugar, no artificial ingredients, just pure plant based nutrient powered goodness to get your morning started. Packed with whole grains, healthy fats and protein, these chewy apple breakfast cookies are perfect for a snack, dessert or lunch box treat. Don’t be surprised by how quickly these go!
These oatmeal cookies are a great way to not only sneak in both soluble and insoluble fiber into your diet. Oats provide plenty of fiber, notably beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that has been shown to reduce overall cholesterol, decrease the risk of heart disease, and aid in proper digestion. Raisins are another source of fiber, while walnuts boost the beneficial healthy fats in these cookies. The bananas hold the cookies together to create the perfect texture, while cinnamon and orange juice gives a heavenly flavor, and raisins and bananas adds in the slightest hint of sweetness. I love adding dried fruits into cookies/cakes because they’re a great way to naturally sweeten any recipe without adding heaps of extra sugar, especially refined sugar.
Recipe for Apple Breakfast Cookies ( Raw, Vegan )
2 apple, peeled
1 ripe banana
juice of a half orange
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the S blade and
process until smooth.
1 apple, peeled
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup walnuts
Add remaining ingredients and pulse a few times. Remove blade and add in 1/2 cup golden sultana raisins and stir well. Scoop out about 2 heaping tbsp ( I used an ice cream scooper – 1 scoop ) of cookie dough and than flatten them into cookie shapes. Place cookies on a dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate at 118°F about 2 hours. Flip and remove dehydrator sheet. Continue to dehydrate for another 2 – 3 hours or until dry on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy!
One bite of these cookies will leave you in pure bliss! These apple cookies have the most incredibly soft and chewy texture due to their hearty and all natural ingredients.
What are your favorite ways to bake with apples? I’d love to hear from you!
Oats Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
Apples Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
10 Delicious Herbs and Spices With Powerful Health Benefits
- 2 apple, peeled
- 1 ripe banana
- juice of a half orange
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- Place apple, banana, orange and lemon juice, cinnamon into a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse a few times. Remove blade and add in ½ cup golden sultana raisins and stir well.
- Scoop out about 2 heaping tbsp ( I used an ice cream scooper - 1 scoop ) of cookie dough and than flatten them into cookie shapes.
- Place cookies on a dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate at 118°F about 2 hours. Flip and remove dehydrator sheet. Continue to dehydrate for another 2 - 3 hours or until dry on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy!